Pages

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Turtle Onsie

My daughter is only 9 months old, therefore I love making onsies!  I made this one for her this morning.  I love the way it turned out.  I used the Silhouette CAMEO to create this design.  (Which honestly, I use the Cameo for almost everything I make anymore.)
I fell in love with this little turtle when I found it.  And of course I had to add a little bow to her head.
I love using the Silhouette Heat Transfer Material to create fun designs.  It makes a project so easy and it looks so professional as well.  What's not to love?!!

I put this onsie on my little sweet P right after I finished it.  As you can imagine, it is already stained from the sweet potatoes she had for lunch.  How is it that babies can get food everywhere, even wearing a good bib?  Oh well, hopefully my awesome bar of Fels-Naptha soap will get the stains out!

2 comments:

  1. Did you stitch over the turtle? I used the heat transfer material and my shapes peeled off my onesies after washing them…any tips? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first suggestion is to prewash the onsie before you apply the heat transfer. Most fabrics are made with a fabric softener to make the sewing process kinder on sewers hands. This washes off with the first washing. If the fabric softener is still on the onsie the heat transfer may not stick as well. I have only had one onsie that the design peeled up. It was my first one. I started to heat it just a little longer. I have even turned it inside out and pressed on the back side of the heat transfer for a few seconds. I later sewed a little line around the shell on this onsie for design purposes. I like to mix media sometimes...so heat transfer and sewing. I think that onsies are more likely to have the heat transfer peel up because the onsie is made out of a rib fabric so it stretches more. Surprisingly the heat transfer design that has stayed fixed in place the best was a bike design. I think that the thinner lines on the bike actually help it stretch more with the rib. I hope this makes sense. If you have any more questions let me know! :)

    ReplyDelete