Happy summer! By now most of the schools are out and there are happy little kids running through the neighborhoods. I love summer time and this project is perfect for the beginning of summer! My niece had a pair of pants that she had loved and worn out during the school year. Her mother was about ready to throw them out when I asked if I could create some Silhouette magic with them.
- I cut off the pants and hemmed them for shorts.
- I wanted to try out the stamp material on fabric with fabric ink. I was going for a grunge/faded look and it worked perfectly!
- I also had to add rhinestones to dress it up a bit so the shorts didn’t look too old and worn.
Here are the before and after pictures…
Here is a product shot so you can see the stamp block I used and the rhinestone template. (I always cut several designs on the rhinestone fabric to save on materials.)
How will you recreate your kids old school clothes into fun new summer clothes? I’d love to see it!
- flourish swirls (rhinestone)
- chevron (it was a free shape that came with the Portrait)