Pages

Saturday, November 29, 2014

DIY HALLOWEEN BANNER


I love banners and I love making them even more!  I’m not always great at decorating for every holiday, but with one simple banner in my entry way I feel like it can make my whole house feel festive for any given holiday.  When I found these Halloween key designs I just knew that they needed to be my next banner project!  How cute are they?!!!

Halloween Banner|Amy Cox for Silhouette

I loved the designs so much that I wanted to keep things simple and really show the design, but just cardstock seemed a little too simple for some reason.  So I decided to join together two Silhouette products to make the banner more fun.   I used the adhesive cardstock for my first product and then the glitter and technique from the double sided adhesive kit for my second product.

  • Cut the designs in a variety of sizes and colors out of the adhesive cardstock.
  • Apply the glitter liberally to the adhesive side of the designs.

Halloween Banner |Amy Cox for Silhouette

  • Use the brush from the starter kit to make sure the glitter is applied evenly.

Halloween Banner |Amy Cox for Silhouette

  • Shake off excess glitter.
  • Line up the keys to get the layout you want.

Halloween Banner|Amy Cox for Silhouette

  • Attach keys to a yarn using sewing thread.
  • Hang the banner and enjoy it throughout the holiday season!

Halloween Banner|Amy Cox for Silhouette

It’s as easy as that!  I love having the contrast of the glitter and the cardstock as the keys spin around when they are hung.

signature Amy-Cox

No comments:

Post a Comment