Pages

Saturday, November 29, 2014

FABRIC INK TUTORIAL |CHALKBOARD INSPIRED SHIRT



Chalkboard Inspired Shirt | Amy Cox for Silhouette

I don’t know about you, but I love chalkboard things. So I decided to make a fun shirt design that looked like it had been written in chalk.  The white fabric ink on this black shirt worked perfectly!  I used the stencil vinyl to make this design.  Stencil vinyl is the better choice over stencil material if you have little floating pieces in your design.

This design was super easy, here’s what I did…
  • Choose any designs you love from the Silhouette online store.
  • Line them up in Silhouette studio the way you want them to appear  on the shirt.
  • I always measure the shirt first to decide how big the overall design should be.  Then I draw a box that size to be my guide.
  • Once I have the designs I want placed just so, I group them together and resize them to fit in my guide box, then delete the guide box.
  • Cut the design out of stencil vinyl.  Make sure you have 1-2 inches of vinyl around your design to keep your project clean from stray fabric ink!
  • Use the transfer paper than comes with the stencil vinyl to move the design to your shirt.

Chalkboard inspired shirt |Amy Cox for Silhouette
  • I like to use a piece of cardstock between the layers in the shirt to keep the ink from leaking through.
  • Apply the fabric ink and let dry.
Chalkboard inspired shirt|Amy Cox for Silhouette

  • Iron the design when it is dry to set the ink.

Voila!  You have an awesome shirt to enjoy!

PS. Have you heard about the July specials? There are great deals on machine bundlesSilhouette Studio Designer Edition, and 30% off all of the fun & games shapes in the Silhouette online store through the end of the month! 

Happy shopping!

signature Amy-Cox
My Profile  |  My Blog  |  Instagram  | Pinterest

Shapes used:

No comments:

Post a Comment